Senior Category Manager
Are you a team worker who isn’t afraid to take a challenge?
Boost Group, is dynamically growing with international retail marketing projects in Europe, Russia and APAC. We are looking for a new colleague to join our Procurement team!
Senior Category Manager
Fulltime 40h / International
Boost Group is the leading full-service provider for marketing and sales services. We supply creative concepts and effective sales tools for shopper marketing, collectibles’ promotions and loyalty programs. We activate brands and shoppers to boost sales and create loyal customers, adopting an innovative approach and going the extra mile for our clients. We are making loyalty more sustainable.
Our involvement begins at the drawing board, ends on the shopfloor, and seeks to create a buzz among shoppers. Our customers benefit as we help attract new shoppers and increase levels of spending and visits immediately. With offices in Switzerland, China, Italy, Germany, France, Russia and the Benelux, Boost provides services in 15 countries to more than 150 different premium brands and retailers. Our team spirit values are Respect, Reliability, Flexibility, Passion, Innovation and Teamwork. As we grow, expand our services, enter new markets, recruit new talent and face new challenges, these team spirit values guide us in our behavior, co-operation and the decisions and actions we take every day.
Boost Collectibles is responsible for the development and execution of retail marketing campaigns, loyalty promotions for well-known retailers, especially in traditional food retail with international (food)retailers.
We are looking for a passionate and professional Senior Category Manager to further expand our Loyalty business.
As a Senior Category Manager for our family & lifestyle portfolio you will be on the look-out for new trends, materials, production techniques and product innovations for future loyalty programs. You work together with internal stakeholders in supporting the analytics of a new concepts, as well as collecting consumer insights.
You take the lead in the development of a new range, either working closely with our sourcing team in China, or directly with European suppliers. This includes buying activities, cost negotiation and benchmarking. You also make sure products meet the quality requirements and regulations and are available in the desired quantities.
Being the expert on product, cost and capacity, you will often be the direct contact person towards sales and project management. You oversee all pending leads and programs
What are your responsibilities?
- You continuously monitor the worldwide market on trends that can be connected to a (new) product category, analyze these and make recommendations.
- Conduct performance analyses to ensure we have the right assortment for our clients with limited risk for the company.
- Deliver new concepts ready to pitch including packaging, pricing, positioning, and sales deck (in cooperation with our internal studio)
- In charge of all buying activities, cost negotiation, terms & conditions, benchmarking.
- You are taking care of vendor risk and relationship management while ensuring product compliance.
- You are responsible for pricing and lead-time for sale pitches
- You make sure products meet the quality requirements and regulations and are available in the desired quantities.
- Support sales in client pitches.
Who are you?
- Bachelor education
- At least 5-7 years of work experience in category management of consumer goods
- You have proven success in delivering projects within budget and specified timeframes, while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Problem-solving skills, loves a challenge
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks at the same time, easy to adapt and change priorities.
- Team player
- Excellent English language skills, verbal and written.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and aware of your impact on our company’s success
- Excellent purchasing and negotiation skills
- You work in an accurate, structured and pro-active way
- Excellent knowledge of the English language spoken and written
What we offer?
- The possibility to start a challenging and responsible job in a growing, dynamic international organization;
- An agile decisive team with clear customer focus and entrepreneurial spirit;
- A start-up culture within a bigger organization, with team spirit values which guide us in our behavior;
- Exciting projects for managers who actively enjoy to ensure successful big scale consumer experiences;
- Good working conditions and the possibility to work on further growth and development.